Arlington National Cemetery unveiled a new sculpture honoring military women and military working dogs. The life-size bronze sculpture called “The Pledge” is being placed at the Women In Military Service For America Memorial, located at Arlington National Cemetery’s entrance. An unveiling ceremony for the new sculpture occurred Saturday. Continue reading “Arlington National Cemetery Welcomes Sculpture Honoring Women In Military”
The Arlington Historical Museum was built in 1891 as the Hume School, named for Confederate Colonel Frank Hume, who donated some of his property for the school. It is the oldest school building in Arlington County.